Thursday, September 24, 2009

DAY 24

9:30 am On the way to camp, TK plays a funny and telling song with the words, “The british need to get the hell out of here.”

10:00 am Instead of hearing Sonny and Cher’s “I got you babe”, my groundhog’s day consists of hearing kids count from one to ten while stretching. Not complaining, I love camp and basketball. We all know this. I added it up this summer. I’ve worked camp in FL, GA, SC, NC, NJ, MI, MN, PA, NE and now Ireland. But it is getting a little redundant. Only two more days and I will be done and on to the full on vacation.

11:00 am I’ve already bumped into a camper in Sligo who looked just like Kate Haggerty, one in Galway looked like me and now Foxford has a kid that looks just like my cousin. It is kind of freaky. We all have a twin out there somewhere.

4:30 pm Another jog. Went to a place called St. Patrick’s well. Apparantly, this is the spot whereSt. Patrick baptized people in Ballina. There was a monument for those who fought for the independence of Ireland. Also, there is a big alter looking table on the other side of a small creek. Also, there are the stations of the cross on mosaics along a wall. I guess they do masses there occasionally, but the priest has to have a little bridge made to get over the creek.

6:30 pm I showed TK the leprachauns in Alabama you tube clip. Trust me, it is definitely worth three minutes of your time to watch this. TK stated and I quote, “Only in America.” I responded with, “Only in Alabama.”

IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS WATCH IT!!! NOTHING IS FUNNIER!
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN THIS WATCH IT!!! NOTHING IS FUNNIER!


7:00 pm Steak tonight. These people are too good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment