Sunday, August 23, 2009

DAY 10

MAKE A COMMENT MY FAITHFUL READERS!! ANYTHING YOU WANT!! LET ME KNOW YOU EXIST!! THE OLD CHRIS WOULD DO IT!!

9:00 am Big Dave got a fumanchu shave and all the kids called him Master Chief Sheeshu from some Panda movie.

12:30 pm 5 Euro…. 5 Euro foot long. SUBWAY…again.
4:30 pm Came home. Used my buddies internet to check up on the world and check out the mobile home, that’s right mobile home, we might be staying in when my family get’s here.

6:00 pm Lamb shish kabob with salad and guess what food- FRIES!! Best meal I have had thus far. The lamb was AMAZING! Highly recommend the lamb here. I dare you to come here for more than three days and get a meal without potatoes. I double dare you.

7:30 pm Play pick-up basketball. A few things make it different. They don’t ever check the ball and on a foul they take the ball out underneath the basket. But they do take pride in nice passing and rarely dribble too much, so it makes for okay basketball. Sadly, I am the quickest guy out there and get a ton of steals. Obviously, the Irish are not the most athletic people. Also, when someone makes a ridiculous pass and it inevitably gets intercepted, the teammates of the bad passer will say, “oh, unlucky.” Unlucky my foot.

9:00 pm Have a great chat over some Guinness with my fellow coach from New Zealand and his brother-in-law, also a Kiwi. They tell me they just visited Bulgaria and it is beautiful, safe and ridiculously cheap. Apparently, since the mafia runs everything people are so scared of them they don’t break any laws. Store owners just leave there stuff out all night.
Also, these two both believe since the US is in debt at 65% of its GDP that the currency is about to collapse within 6 months. They ask me if people in the states are aware of the dangers and ridiculous concept of the Federal Reserve, and I politely inform him that No, to us it is more important who wins American Idol or the Super Bowl. Following the collapse of the currency, something called the Amero will be the currency for all of the America’s and Europe. I assure them that if this were to come about it would not be a seamless transition and while I love America, I am getting out if the dollar crashes.

12:00 am Pub closes at midnight and we walk back to our flats. Then it hits me that I am again not tired and wouldn’t mind processing a little of the Guinness before I hit the hay. So I walk, alone, to the city center. There, I find an old church right off of main street. Its gate is still open and I end up in a 16th century cemetery. Now, I often wonder if I make these ludicrous decisions just to be able to later tell the story. Who knows? So now the same girls from the other night are hawking their various pubs, so I go to one that is playing American style rock. Along the way a very creepy man in a bright blue plastic looking leisure suit is seemingly following me. I talk to some other people selling their clubs and let him pass. So I go to this bar thinking I’ll listen to two or three songs and call it a night….well…. the band plays Mr. Jones, an awesome version of the theme from cheers and a rock version of What a Wonderful World. Followed by ACDC Highway to Hell and a couple U2 songs. It was great until I saw my buddy in the plastic suit. So I go to the front of the bar to listen to one last song and head out. Half way through the song, plastic man is right across the room. Now, I’m a little weirded out. So I go to the bathroom and now upon leaving plastic man is talking to friends or just fellow members of a creespster fraternity. So I leave unnoticed and look back over my shoulder 14 times to ensure no blue plastic suit. I then get one block off on my walk home and see my first police car (the Guardia as they are called). Seeing a police car is not a good sign about the neighborhood I am in, but luckily one left and I again recognize my surroundings. Ireland is like Charleston, one block separates good neighborhoods from bad ones, but let’s be honest, their bad neighborhoods are not very bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. What the hell were you doing in a 16th century cemetary??? You're such a choke.

    ReplyDelete