Friday, January 13, 2012

2011 Clemson Best Moments

I could complain about a lot of things, in particular every republican candidate besides Ron Paul, but in the new year let me try to stay positive.
Top off the field moments for 2011 Clemson football season

12. Deciding NOT to go to the Orange Bowl

11. Kevin Steele being fired. I think he is a good guy and a great defensive mind. But today’s Div. I athletes aren’t brain surgeons and need a simple, but effective defense. His defense was very good last year, but Daquan Bowers was the best player in college football. Unblockable. Any coordinator could have had that defense playing well. It should have been a top 5 defense in the country, especially against an ACC schedule. He would have survived, but Orange Bowl was just too embarrassing.

10. Dabo’s tirade about Clemson being better than the Cocks. Really didn’t think it was the thing to do at the time, but maybe it did help the boys distract themselves from how much they had sucked for nearly a month.

9. Getting CHEAP tickets from a nice Clemson alum to see the undefeated Tigers play at Georgia Tech. At the time a great moment. Little did we know four hours later I wish I would have watched the game in my own living room with plenty of Jamison available. Also, able to see a young man in Atlanta run by us and yell, “I got a motherf$#%ing plate!” Still not sure what that means, but very exciting.

8. After a great defeat of Auburn, playing the incomparable hit, Auburn sucks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6Sw26gUQo

7. After Auburn went up 21 to 7 early I announced, “We can leave now!” I was half kidding, but I did have to go to the bathroom to calm down. I was braced for Clemson to stink this year, but I can’t stand when my team’s defense is awful.

6. The wife and I going on like a seven game corn hole run at the UNC game tailgate.

5. The band playing Tiger Rag like 4 straight times before FSU came out for their last drive. It was a successful attempt to whip the crowd into a frenzy.

4. Getting hammered while doing drinking games during the first Va Tech huge win.

3. After the big sack Tiger Rag played and the band going silent during one of the loudest C-L-E-M-S-O-N. Reminder that when it is rocking Death Valley is as good a venue as any in the country.

2. Jumping around in joy with the wife after the Cat Man made a clutch field goal to beat Wake. That play hopefully ended a lot of the problems of never making the clutch play at Clemson. Oh, the crazy reaction was done in a side room at the house of my boss. We were there because I don’t get ESPNU at the apartment and he was watching Ohio State in the main room.

1. Being in Too Big To Fail Stadium when the Tigers clinched the overly elusive ACC Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment